Through close collaboration with the University of Missouri System faculty, our instructional and media designers at Missouri Online can help you design purposeful learning objectives, create engaging course objects and facilitate meaningful course design.
Whether you wish to design a new online course, redesign an existing online course, or seek expertise on designing lessons, we are available to help. Our instructional and media designers collaborate with you to:
- Align instructional material, learning activities and assessments with stated learning objectives (at course and program level).
- Create learning activities that help learners better engage with course content and their peers, make connections, understand and retain new information, practice skills, and apply concepts.
- Maximize student access, learning and engagement by incorporating Universal Design for Learning and other evidence-based teaching practices. Create engaging and accessible multimedia (e.g., videos, animations, infographics, etc.).
- Pedagogically integrate Canvas and other University-supported educational technologies and resources to enhance your instructional strategy and student learning. Organize your content in Canvas so that it is easy for students to access and navigate.
- Implement strategies to reduce the amount of time spent on preparing materials and grading while teaching (e.g., rubrics).
We will be happy to meet with you to provide course design assistance. Based on your specific course design needs, our level of support can range from individual consultations to a more structured course design process.
UM System faculty and staff are invited to attend a webinar...
By leveraging educational tools, implementing strong course...
A digital badge or a microcredential is a visual...