Young woman enjoys working on city park bench stock photo.

By applying to a UM System university, you are on track to earn a degree or certificate, or you are planning to take courses for professional development. You’ve chosen an online education that is flexible, affordable and high-quality.

Degree-seeking and Returning/Current Students

Contact your university’s admissions office.

Nondegree-seeking students

Show me information for

Whether you are a current or prospective student, this is your home base for information about every one of the four world-class campuses that form the foundation of Missouri Online. Learn more about the future-transforming experience you can expect at the campus that fits you best. Select a university above to get started.

Undergraduate nondegree-seeking

Students interested in taking individual university-level courses (not part of a degree program) must apply to the university to be admitted as a nondegree-seeking student. 

Consider the following before you start:

  • Even if you do not intend to earn a degree, you may need to provide a transcript.
  • International students will need to provide more information, such as English language requirements.
  • If you are applying from out of state, you will pay a minimal nonresident fee in addition to tuition. For more details, visit the Cashiers Office.

Fill out the undergraduate application for admission.

During the application, you’ll be asked two questions about being a nondegree-seeking student. Choose the responses provided below:

  • "Do you want to choose a major in order to seek a bachelor's degree at Mizzou with this application?" choose "No, I just want to take a few courses as a nondegree-seeking student."
  • "Do you want to take your courses On-Campus or Online?" choose "Online."

High school dual enrollment

If you are a student who wishes to earn college credit while earning your high school diploma, find out if you are eligible and how you can enroll in courses.

Fill out the application for high school dual enrollment.

Graduate nondegree-seeking (post-baccalaureate)

Students interested in taking individual courses (not part of a degree program) must apply to the university to be admitted as a post-baccalaureate student. 

If you are applying to take graduate-level courses as a post-baccalaureate student, you can provide unofficial transcripts as temporary supporting documentation. You will ultimately need to provide a baccalaureate transcript that meets the following guidelines:

  • The transcript is from a regionally accredited institution.
  • The transcript includes the official degree conferred and the date the degree was awarded.

Send your transcript to: 
Mizzou Graduate Admissions
210 Jesse Hall
Columbia, MO 65211

Note: If your undergraduate degree is from Mizzou or if an official copy of the bachelor's degree transcript is already in your file, you will not need to send us a transcript.

Fill out the graduate application for admission.

Apply in advance

You must submit your application at least 10 days before the semester starts to be considered.

After you apply

Both undergraduate and graduate nondegree-seeking students will receive an email on how to activate your myZou account and set up your Mizzou email.

Applying from outside of Missouri?

UM System universities are unable to accept online students from certain states; or in some cases, unable to accept online students in certain programs due to state regulation of online education. Learn more about state authorization requirements.