Come to a Meet & Greet
We would love to get to know our instructors at the start of the semester. Please join us for an informal Meet & Greet — either virtually or in person. We’ll discuss important information and updates, but more importantly, it’s a great way to start a conversation that can help us support you better over time.
Join members from Missouri Online’s Instructional Design, Media Design, Academic Technologies and Program Coordination teams for virtual meetings via Zoom at the times below:
- Friday, Oct. 7, 10 a.m. - Zoom link
- Tuesday, Oct. 11, 11 a.m. - Zoom link
- Tuesday, Oct. 11, noon - Zoom link
- Wednesday, Oct. 12, 3 p.m. - Zoom link
We would also love to see you at the upcoming in-person Meet & Greet on your campus. Drop in for one of these open house events to pick up some Missouri Online swag, enjoy some refreshments, ask questions and talk about your teaching goals.
All on-campus events are scheduled for 1-3 p.m.
- University of Missouri-Columbia: Thursday, Oct. 27: Mizzou, Heinkel Building 1st Floor
- University of Missouri-Kansas City: Thursday, Oct. 20, 2022: Miller Nichols Library, Room 410
- University of Missouri-St. Louis: Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2022: Lucas Hall Conference Room 598
- Missouri University of Science and Technology: Thursday, Nov. 3: Missouri S&T CAFE, Library Room 68
Try Folio, the new ePortfolio tool
The new Canvas ePortfolio tool, Folio, allows students to put together a free form ePortfolio to showcase their class work and professional experiences. The results can be shared on social media sites like LinkedIn, appear as part of a capstone project or help demonstrate experience to potential employers. Access Folio through your Canvas account page.
Sign Up for Online Seminars
Registration for 2023 sessions for teaching certification workshops and professional development courses is now open. View the schedules, learn more about certification and register for a session now:
- Online Teaching Certification Seminar
- Online Teaching Recertification Seminar
- Designing & Building Your Online Course
Please email TeachingOnline@missouri.edu with questions.
Sprint Ahead Professional Development for Faculty
We are excited to announce a new self-paced professional development opportunity: Sprint Ahead: Online Faculty Development Certificate.
Earn badges in three key areas — design, assessment and community — with the completion of 10 focused independent learning “sprints.” Each sprint covers the latest research and pedagogy for specific topics and asks participants to design course materials that align with these best practices with one-on-one support from our Missouri Online designers.
Note: We are in the process of reviewing our Online Teaching Certification & Recertification Seminars and hope to include these sprints as an option for interested instructors in the future as an alternate route to recertification.
Missouri Online was created to support digital education and encourage significant enrollment growth in online programs across our four universities. Our team of instructional designers and developers, learning technologists, student services professionals, program coordinators and marketing specialists are here to assist you.